Discover Celtic Sea Salt!
Celtic Sea Salt – Life Essence Of The Sea!
When commercial, processed food arrived in Africa, Dr Albert Schweitzer, that famous humanitarian, noted soon afterwards that the food had brought with it something new, something hardly seen before in that land, something very devastating: Cancer.
At that time, pesticides were in use here in the developed world, but hardly as commonly, as they are used today. The processing of foods was far less destructive than it is today. The food additives weren’t as prevalent as they are today. Dr Schweitzer, in his journal, proclaimed one very powerful cause. He wrote: “It’s the salt.”
Salt is one thing we like pure. It has to be pure white, devoid of any moisture, and perfectly shaped. Such a perfect salt is not natural.
Did you know that the salt companies actually don’t make their greatest profits selling salt? Most of the salt sold goes to chemical laboratories and manufacturing companies. Selling salt is actually a side line for salt companies; they make most of their profits separating the minerals and selling them back to us, through health food stores and food companies companies that take a naturally healthy food, process the proverbial spirit out of it (till it’s worthless) and then add back some minerals and vitamins. The minerals come from the salt companies.
This is called “enriched” food. Is it better than the original? Far from it! Listen to this:
“In animal experiments, the test subjects were fed the same grains they normally eat, however, they were processed and fortified. The control subjects were fed the whole grains. To make the study even more interesting, one group of the control subjects was starved.”
Now you might find this cruel to starve an animal to death, but listen to this: The starving animals outlived those fed fortified foods.
Naturally sun dried sea salt, is charged with energy. It is radioactive! Is this good? Certain radioactive particles are harmful. However, these charged minerals are exactly what your body craves. When charged calcium enters your body, scientists can trace where it goes. And where does it go? Directly to a site where there is a break or a fracture. Charged minerals go right to where they are needed. Drying out salt reduces immediately the magnesium salts which are needed to orchestrate all the most minute functions of the body: building healthy bones, building healthy blood cells, etc. You can now see that it’s not just what’s in processed salt (chemicals from the processing) that would cause Dr Schweitzer to conclude as he did, but it’s what is missing from the salt as well.
Origins of Celtic Sea Salt
The geographical orientation of the coastline also plays an important part in the quality of naturally extracted sea salt. The best sea salt is harvested on the coast of North Western France, in Brittany, near the Celtic Sea. Cold, active, north sea currents, large tides and other marine and climatic conditions, offer the advantage of a unique mix of minerals. It is this combination of minerals that gives Celtic Sea Salt its special qualities.. Ocean water, rich in a wide variety of minerals, is channelled into a series of clay-lined ponds. The wind and sun evaporate the ocean water, leaving a mineral-rich brine. This live mixture is briskly stimulated by the salt farmer, and dazzling salt crystals form. The Sea Salt is then gathered by hand using wooden tools. This harvesting method preserves the vital balance of the minerals found in Sea Salt. Common table salt lacks minerals and trace elements because it is harvested with bulldozers, and then purified and refined, leaving only sodium and chloride. After refining, common table salt is mixed with iodine, bleaching agents, and anti-caking agents to create a purely white, free-flowing product.
Beware of false sea salt!
How is Celtic Sea Salt harvested
Natural Celtic Sea Salt is the most basic condiment as well as a staple food. No synthetic mineral supplement can equal the wealth of minerals that natural Celtic Sea Salt supplies, regardless of how rich its content or how precisely it is formulated. The is real sea salt!
Why is it hard to obtain, and how do we recognize the real thing?
The method used for gathering salt from natural flats is crucial to the production of this health-giving product. The salt fields of Brittany are lined with a natural layer of clay and sand. If concrete lined beds are used, as in refinery-type salt, the efflorescence of the cement pollutes and loads the salt with toxins. In order to ionise and harmonize the trace elements the hand-raking of the moist crystals is done by artisans with a skilful touch.
This method is followed by a dedicated group of professional Breton natural salt farmers, who perpetuate the traditional skills that have been passed down from antiquity. When harvested in these ways, natural Celtic Sea Salts are highly beneficial to one’s health as they possess many therapeutic qualities.
Flower of the Ocean, an almost white Celtic Salt, is delicately gathered from the surface of the brine. The white colour of this magnificent salt is due to the bleaching action of the sun. These delicate crystals can be crushed between the thumb and forefinger over food at the table to add a gourmet flavour to your meals. Light Grey Celtic Sea Salt is harvested in late summer. These are the largest of the Celtic Salt crystals and are best in soups or sauces. Fine ground Celtic Sea Salt is ground on granite stones from the Light Grey salt and is perfect for those who prefer the convenience of having salt in a shaker. Remember; since there are no chemicals added to Celtic Sea Salt, it may be necessary to add a few toasted grains of rice to the shaker to keep your Find Ground Salt flowing freely.
What is in Celtic Sea Salt?
chemicals from the processing that prevent water absorption
and some iodine.
Dr. Langre, in his book “Seasalt’s Hidden Powers”, makes the following points:
Our bodies are like the ocean and at the level of our biochemical function, we either get the nutrition we need to maintain this “ocean atmosphere” or we suffer.
Violent prisoners given Celtic Sea Salt in their diets showed improved behaviours within a few short weeks.
Salt is needed for digestion.
The sodium of Celtic Sea Salt acts differently in your body than the sodium in refined salt.
People who dislike salt or have a phobia or intolerance to salt do not realize that they are, in fact, ill.
Let’s take a look at these one by one:
1. Maintaining an ocean atmosphere. It is hard to find someone who has not tasted her/his own blood. We cut our finger and immediately put it to our mouth. It’s spontaneous reaction. Our blood tastes much like sea water. If you believe in evolution, then you believe that life came from the sea. If you are a creationist, then you marvel at how much like the ocean our creator made our fluids. The most basic functions of our body, the most basic messages sent either electrochemically or via our hormones rely on a medium that is chemically balanced. Celtic Sea Salt puts our bodies back into this balance.
2. I recall from an advanced psychology lecture in college in which the professor loudly stated: “The difference between a violent, aberrant mental patient and you people sitting here is five cents worth of lithium.” Bipolar patients are often prescribed lithium, however, the side effects of this medication can be nasty. Celtic Sea Salt contains natural lithium salts. Unlike supplementing with medicinal lithium, the lithium in Celtic Sea Salt is absorbed naturally, in quantities nature intended, and they are untreated, unprocessed, and as natural as the earth itself.
3. Meat eaters naturally get more salt than vegetarians. Meat (blood) contains natural salts. Vegetables and fruits contain none. A fruit dipped in salt will stimulate the flow of digestive juices. The more natural the salt, the more minerals it contains, the more natural digestive juices are produced by the body. All digestion breaks food into basic sugars, at least it should. If your food is improperly digested, the sugars are not manifested by your digestion process and you develop sugar craving.
4. Sodium is sodium, right? Not so fast here. If you pull Sodium Chloride from any salt, whether sea salt or salt from the Dead Sea or salt from South Australia’s salt lakes, or salt from under the Himalaya Mountains, you have simply Sodium Chloride and that is just that: Sodium Chloride. So, if you buy sea salt that has been processed-refined, yes, you are getting plain old Sodium Chloride. However, the Sodium Chloride in unprocessed Celtic Sea Salt, besides being balanced with Potassium, is in a highly charged state and as such, it is not static. Consequently, it will not store itself in your organs or affect your kidneys, but pass on through you as natural salts are meant to do.
5. Years and years of processed salt intake results in kidney damage and kidney stones, muscles and organs are brimming with sodium chloride, bones are brittle (or much more brittle than they should be) and many people just don’t like salt. I often tell people about salt and many times their first response is: “Oh, I don’t use too much salt” meaning, they don’t use any salt. They don’t like it, they blame the cook for putting too much salt in this and that, and they certainly don’t buy most canned soups that are mainly salt. I now know when I hear someone tell me that they don’t like salt,
I know this person is sick. Unfortunately, this person might not know that, but every body needs salt.
This person has too much Sodium Chloride attached to organs and muscles and tissues, hence the revulsion. One symptom of disease in Traditional Chinese Medicine is an aversion to salt. Think about it…
What is Celtic Sea Salt good for?
Besides overall health, it has been used traditionally to aid in healing burns, relieving mental disorders (depression, bipolar disorder, aggressive behaviour), and even helping to reverse heart disease. Yes, rather amazing, especially when we are told to avoid salt when we have heart disease. Again, years of ingesting processed salt, it builds up in organs (and in the heart) and you’re ripe for oedema (the collection of fluids).
The only person who has to watch her/his salt intake is the person with a high degree of renin in her/his blood stream. If you have hypertension, there is a 10% chance that it is caused by a high amount of renin in your blood.
Celtic Sea Salt is “guiltless salt”. Use it on everything. Yes, it contains moisture and sticks together. Consider this a benefit, for it shows you that
it is charged with mineral salts, especially magnesium, which your body badly needs. Make sure you don’t over heat the salt when cooking; as it
can lose some of the nutrients. Best practice is to add it to dishes just before turning down the heat, in preparation to serve.